The type of material used to create different roadway stencils is largely dependent on three things: the type of markings being made, the type of material being used to create the markings, and how long you want the stencil to last. Cheap, single use stencils are often made of cardboard or other disposable materials that can soak up the paint and create unwanted blotches or rough edges. A better choice for many applications is either Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) or High Density Polyethylene (HDPE). Stencils made with these plastics are far superior to disposable stencils, but may deform or wear out over time.
However, if you want stencils that are highly durable, easy to clean, and resistant to deformation and wear, you should consider investing in high quality aluminum stencils from Capitol Traffic Services. Our aluminum stencils are designed by our highly skilled team and precision cut using our state of the art CNC router. We use thermalized .080” thick flat aluminum stock in our stencil manufacturing process to ensure that the stencils lay as flat as possible on almost any surface from standard pavement to smooth concrete flooring. This allows you to the create crisp, clear edges you desire during the application process.
Get the Best Aluminum Stencils from Capitol Traffic Services
Our team works with each of our customers to make sure that the stencils they buy are perfectly suited for the application process that will be used. That means that some of our aluminum stencils with have traditional, flat edges to make the application of pavement thermoplastic as easy as possible. Most of our aluminum stencils, however, feature rolled edges that help prevent overspray issues that are common in the application of pavement paint. This helps keep your pavement markings looking clean and professional with every application.
The aluminum stencils available from Capitol Traffic Services are easy to clean and resistant to the types of scratches and cracks that plastic stencils can acquire over time. Because they are so easy to clean, your team can spend less cleaning up and more time getting work done.
Unlike other metals, aluminum is resistant to corrosion, which means that they won’t rust if you accidentally leave them out in the rain or snow. Of course, taking proper care of you stencils will help improve their already long life. Another benefit of aluminum stencils is that they aren’t going to slowly degrade in sunlight the way that some plastics can. This allows you to experience long term functionality regardless of the types of weather conditions you have to work in. And because aluminum is a fairly inexpensive material, your stencils remain affordable.
We Keep Common Aluminum Stencils in Stock
In order to make sure that you can get the aluminum stencils you need as quickly as possible, Capitol Traffic Services maintains a large inventory of common aluminum stencils in a variety of standard sizes. Our inventory includes various types of stencils, including:
- Letter/Number Kits – Of course, the simplest stencils are often the most used. We keep a wide variety of letter and number kits in stock to make sure that our customers can get exactly what they need when they need it.
- Road Stencils – Paving companies utilize aluminum stencils to create a variety of different road markings including words like STOP, YIELD, or SCHOOL ZONE, but they can also be used to for a variety of other uses including passive traffic control.
- Curbside Stencils – Stencils are often used to create curbside pavement markings to designate a FIRE LANE, LOADING ZONE, or NO PARKING ZONE.
- Parking Lot Stencils – Aluminum stencils can be used to help create functional, professional looking parking lots and parking garages. Among other uses, they can designate handicap parking spaces, convey traffic flow instructions, identify parking lots or parking garage levels, and identify fire lanes.
- Traffic Control Stencils – Passive traffic control can be achieved by utilizing stencils to create clear, consistent traffic markings that are commonly understood. These markings include directional arrows, lane designation, and more.
- ADA Compliant Stencils – The Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) requires very specific designation of handicap parking spaces and other accommodations that must be made in publicly accessible areas. Our ADA compliant aluminum stencils can help you create clear, consistent markings in and around your business.
Get Custom Aluminum Stencils — FAST!
Despite our large inventory of aluminum stencils, we often have customers who request stencils that are customized in some way. These customizations can be anything from special sizing to a completely unique design. Thankfully, you’ve found the perfect place for custom aluminum stencils. Our CNC router can be programmed to create stencils of virtually any word, shape, or design that you can think of.
And we can get these custom stencils to you fast. Once you get your design idea to our team of experts, they can have your custom stencil designed, cut, packaged, and shipped in just 3-5 business days.
But you may be wondering what you can do with your custom stencils. Well, we’ve had customers request just about anything you can think of for custom stencil creation. But there are a few commonly requested stencil types, including:
- Company Logos
- Stylized Words or Phrases
- Hop Scotch Layouts and Other Playground Designs
- …and much, much more.
Basically, if you can imagine it, we can help you create it. Contact us today to find out more about how we can help you create the perfect custom stencil.